NEWSLETTER #47, July 20, 1992
1. Mutation reports:
Name Amino acid change Nucleotide change Exon Reference 3667ins4 Frameshift insertion of TCAA 19 G. Novelli, F. Sangiuolo, after 3667 S. Lo Cicero, P. Maceratesi, B. Dallapicolla (June 3)* D836Y Asp->Tyr at 836 G->T at 2638 14a N. Ghanem, M. Goossens (June 29) 876-10del8 (see NL#46 and N. Ghanem, M. Goossens note below) (June 29) W57G Trp->Gly at 57 T->G at 301 3 M. Ferrari, L. Cremonesi, E. Belloni (July 6) R74W Arg->Trp at 74 C->T at 352 3 M. Clautres, P. Kjellberg, M. Desgeorges (July 13) E730X Glu->Stop at 730 G->T at 2320 13 H. Cuppens, P. Marynen, J.J. Cassiman (July 15) G103X Gly->Stop at 103 G->T at 439 4 E. Edkins, K. Gray, D. Norman (July 16) 2907delTT Frameshift deletion of TT from 15 M. Ravnik-Glavac, D. 2907 Glavac, R. Komel, M. Dean (July 16)
* The delay in publishing this mutation is because the original letter was lost somewhere between Rome and Toronto in the FAX line.
2. DNA sequence polymorphism elsewhere in the CFTR gene:
Description Location Reference 405+46 (G or T) intron 3 M. Claustres (July 20)
3. Correction: The correct name for the 876-5T->G mutation (NL#46) should be 876-10del8 (see letter from Ghanem and Goossens); my sincere apology.
4. The next general meeting for the consortium will be held in Dublin during the International CF Conference, September 22-27, 1992. The exact time and place will be announced later.
5. Since the switch to our new telephone system, I have been notified by some members that there were occasional problems with our FAX machine. In order to find out what is wrong, please let me know immediately if you have any problems. Also, please note that our new FAX number is (1) 416-813-4931. The old numbers 598-7505 and 591-4931 are no longer in service.